For more than 30 years, J&P Cycles has been the place to go for all customers’ motorcycle parts and accessories. Providing the best parts and accessories from the best brands in the world was the main objective for the brand to provide to its customers. Now through unmatched customer service and technical support with trained motorcycle technicians you’ll never go wrong. No matter what the problem the technicians are always available to help on every step of the journey.
Best Motorcycle Tech Hints and Tips
When making your choices for your motorcycle parts it is extremely important to make informed decisions so that you know you’ll be able to make purchases that will keep you and your motorcycle happy. In order to make the best decision possible for your bike make sure to check out some popular hints and tips in important topics such as Electrical, Maintenance, Exhaust, Carbs/Fuel etc to keep your motorcycle running smoothly:
- High pressure car washes can force water into plugs, wires, and electrical connector plugs. This will cause water in the connectors to change resistance values which therefore will cause motorcycle to have extremely poor performance and misfiring even though everything appears to be dry. Therefore make sure that you are checking and take care when you or someone else is cleaning the motorcycle.
- When you’re working with any of the electrical components of the motorcycle and wiring make sure to always use dielectric grease in the connectors. This will prevent the moisture and corrosion from building up.
- Before solving any of the electrical issues you may be having with your motorcycle first look at the battery before anything else. If the battery is good you may move on and keep troubleshooting to see what could be wrong with the motorcycle and its parts. If you know or have any shadow of a doubt that it is an issue with the battery have it charged and load tested before beginning your diagnosis. This is an important step that must be taken by any user of motorcycles and if you’re not sure at all please take it to your local mechanic or speak with someone at J&P Cycles.
- When you begin installing additional electrical components to stock wiring harnesses on your motorcycle, make certain to utilize heat shrink tubing and inline fuses on the power leads and wherever else connections are made on the motorcycle. The reason behind doing this is so that they become as waterproof as possible.
- When you first receive your bike make sure to check the oil of the motorcycle. Make sure to have the bike in the correct position when you are checking for the oil.
- When you made the purchase of your motorcycle make sure before you do anything to the bike that you read the manual. This is very important as the first tool you should ever use is the manual.
- When the tires of a motorcycle become cold, make sure to check out your tire pressure as this can be an indicator of a tire pressure issue.
- When changing the motor oil use a spin-on filter and also coat the rubber seal with fresh oil
- One specific model and type is extremely important to discuss. When you’re installing the derby O ring on pre-2000 model Big Twins it may be difficult to seat properly to hold long enough to install the cover.
- Spraying ceramic heat paint or high temperature paint inside exhaust pipes before bolting them onto bike can help prevent discoloration on drag pipes that don’t have a heat shield option.
- After you have finished installing the exhaust pipes make certain that you clean them before using them. The fingerprints and oil can burn discoloration sports into the exhaust.
- Using Easy Off oven cleaner you can easily remove boot and rain suit material. The best way to remove these materials is by heating up the pipes to operating temperature and applying the Easy off oven cleaner. Just watch as the materials will just wipe off but make sure lastly to cover up any paint as the oven cleaner will ruin any paint that it comes in contact with.
- If you’re having difficult bleeding your brakes, which is letting air out of the brake lines slowly push the lever in and let it flick back out. Continue to do this for a couple of minutes and eventually the air will move up towards the master cylinder and you’ll be able to see bubbles coming up out of the cylinder.
- If installing new brake lines and you’re bleeding the system make sure to connect the line to the master cylinder and the caliper. This is extremely important for the functionality of the brakes which are crucial to safety on your motorcycle.
Considering all these tips will be very important so that the customer knows exactly how to take care of their motorcycle and prolong the use for many years to come. Make sure to follow all these tips and hints as well as they will not only have you looking good while riding your motorcycle but more importantly they will keep you safe. Before you make your purchase of any of the fantastic products that are offered at J&P Cycles make sure to grab a discount or promo code to save massively on the best motorcycle parts and accessories. Start your savings today right here at Coupon Dash.